Our Creative Corner - Christmas in July

Saturday, July 31, 2010



Hello!  I'm here with another fun challenge from Our Creative Corner.  This week we are celebrating Christmas in July.  It's kind of an odd feeling making a Christmas card in the summer.  My photo looks a little silly since it's obviously summer in the background.  

I got to play with some new stamps on this card.  A friend lent me some of her stamp sets and I had a ball just playing around.  I love the modern feel of those circles.  
I didn't have green ribbon to match this card, so I took a piece of white grosgrain ribbon and colored it with a plain old crayola marker. I was surprised  how well it soaked up the color.

Head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out the rest of the design team's festive samples.  We would love you to play along this week!

{Happy Holidays}
Stamps: Shapes by Design, Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities Die (Spellbinders), Red Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Grosgrain & Sheer Ribbon (Offray), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Lori Rider July 31, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

You are so clever to color your ribbon - I never think of that, LOL! Love the CAS style of this card with its little mod touches - great job!

Wendy J. July 31, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

Great card, Dana! Very clean modern feel--your signature! Love it. That stamp reminds me of the just retired Park Ave Patterns that I liked from SU. Very nice!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie July 31, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

This is wonderful, Dana! I really like the look of it using the kraft as your main CS and that ribbon is fantastic - I'll have to keep that little trick in mind - thanks for sharing!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

evgeers August 5, 2010 at 5:24 AM  

Soooo glad you are enjoying using the stamp sets - this card is fantabulous! like I am surprised... have a great weekend! oxoxoxo Elis

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP