With Sympathy...

Monday, July 19, 2010

Hello!  I hope you all had a nice weekend.  Ours was full of parties, three of them!  I'm happy to get back in my daily routine today, though.  For today's card I used this week's CPS Sketch.  I really love their simple layouts.  The patterned paper I used is Origins by Basic Grey.  Those flowers are one of the busier patterns in the pack that I was having a hard time using.  I think dividing it into two pieces and adding the neutral brown on top really tones it down.  When I initially wrapped the ribbon around the card it disappeared into the floral paper so I added a layer of brown under the ribbon.
The butterflies were punched from some scraps from the Origins pack and then I added a pewter pearl to the centers.

I hope you all are having a great start to your week!

{With Sympathy}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Origins (Basic Grey)
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Close to Cocoa (SU)
Accessories: Butterfly Trio Punch (Martha Stewart), Ribbon (Offray), Pewter Pearls (Kaiser Craft), Foam Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Basement Stamper July 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Beautiful card for such an occasion-I love this paper!

Bonita Rose July 19, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

I hv some of that origins paper, need to pull it out more often!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP