Color Throwdown #100

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello!  The Color Throwdown blog is celebrating their 100th challenge today.  I thought this would be a good time to try my first throwdown challenge.  This card was really challenging, but I enjoy a good challenge.  If you don't try new things, you'll never grow and stretch your talent to new heights.  

I combined this challenge with today's Sketch Challenge at SCS.  I think I had more difficulty with the sketch than the colors.  Once I found paper that somewhat matched the colors for the throwdown I was good to go.  

This card uses so many elements, which is a little out of my comfort zone.  When I mix and match papers I tend to stick within a collection, but not today.  I have papers from Little Yellow Bicycle and Sassafras.  
The sentiment was the last element I added to my card.  I thought the overall feel of my card was elegant, so I wanted a sort of fancy looking sentiment.  I picked this "thank you" from a set from Clear and Simple Stamps.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Have a good one!!!
{Thank You}
Stamps: Thank You (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like A RockStar
Patterned Paper: Sunshine Lollipops (Sassafras), Sweet Love Tablet (Little Yellow Bicycle)
Ink: Pink Passion (SU)
Accessories: Aqua Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Birds & Blooms Sizzlit Dies (SU), Green Satin Ribbon (Offray), Coluzzle, Foam Dimensionals, Circle Punch (SU)
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Carol L July 7, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

You did great with your first CTD challenge! Your card looks great combined with the SCS sketch, and I LOVE how you stitched those leaves! Thanks for playing along with the CTD!

Broni July 7, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

This is beautiful, Dana! I'm so glad you played along with us and I hope you'll be back many more times!

Susie July 7, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

You did a wonderful job with both challenges. This is beautiful.

dj July 7, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

beautifully done...love the dimension that you gave your flower.Thanks for playing along with this 100th Color Throwdown challenge!! Make sure to leave some love along the way and increase you changes to win!!!

Bonita Rose July 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

so great.. love it! CAS STYLE and u used the colors so well.. LOVE THIS!

Basement Stamper July 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Very pretty! That sentiment is very elegant, I love the variety in that set.

Princess Scrapper Stamper July 9, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Pretty card, I love the flower! Tfs!!!

Maureen July 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

gorgeous!!! I love your bow :)

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Beautiful card!! I love how you tied the bow...just perfect!!
Thank you for playing along the CTD with us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP