Paper Maniac Thursday - Emboss Resist

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hello and welcome to another Paper Maniac Thursday!!!  This week the design team and I are trying out the technique Emboss Resist.  If you are not familiar with this technique there is a tutorial on SCS that is great.  But, I will explain how I made my card.

I started out with a light green piece of card stock, the same color as the sentiment panel.  I picked a leaf/flourish stamp from Thankful Flourishes by Our Craft Lounge and stamped it in a random pattern with Versamark ink.  I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the stamped images and then set them with my heat gun.  Then, I took a sponge and inked over the entire piece of card stock.  The embossing resists the ink.  It's magic, really!
You can see a bit of shimmer in the photo above.  That's the clear embossing.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful day!!!

{Your Kindness...}
Stamps: Thankful Flourishes (Our Craft Lounge)
Card Stock: Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU), VersaMark
Accessories: Stampin' Sponge (SU), Satin Ribbon (Offray), Pearls (Michaels)
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

JazzyH July 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Very pretty!

Sandie C July 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

This looks great -love the way you did the sentiment. TFS

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP