OCC - Watermelon Color Challenge

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hey guys!  I'm here today to share my sample for this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner.  This week is a fun color challenge.  Think of watermelons and make a card using green, red, black and white.  I actually had some watermelon patterned paper in my stash and was so happy to be able to use it for this challenge.

See the black on my card?  That's actually stitching that I did with floss.  It started out as faux stitching with paper piercing and a white gel pen, put I didn't care for it so I covered it with real stitching using a needle and black floss.
Check out the rest of the Design Team samples at Our Creative Corner.  I love seeing the huge variety of card that all use the same four colors.  Then, make a card and upload it for everyone to see!!!

Have a great day!!!

{Thank you for being so thoughtful}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Domestic Goddess (Graphic 45)
Ink: Garden Green (SU)
Accessories: Red Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Black Floss (DMC), Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp)
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Nicki July 24, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

You really nailed this challenge! I was thinking watermelon before I even started reading :) Fun card!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie July 24, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Great take on this week's challenge, Dana! Love all the white space and that floss stitching is fantastic!!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Lori Rider July 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

Very nice, Dana - the stitching is awesome! Someday I will have to try sewing on a card, LOL. Great design and use of the colors!

Bonita Rose July 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP