All things grow with love {Embellish Challenge}

Friday, March 26, 2010

Hello! Don't you just love Friday's? Thanks to my Mom (hi Mom!), I have "me time" on Friday's. I usually use this time to make a card or two and then catch up on housework. Today, I really wanted to get back into creating and enjoy it. I didn't want to just make any card because I have a blog and that's what I'm supposed to do. I wanted to make a card because I wanted to make a card.


I found the perfect challenge to sink my teeth into. Embellish Magazine issued a new challenge this morning to use light pink, kraft, and light aqua and to also use stitching on your card.
My inspiration came from this card, that I am still smitten with. I distressed some of the edges and used a white gel pen to create some faux stitching. I love the combination of those two techniques. The finished card size is a 4.25" square.

I hope you are all having a great day too! I'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning with a sketch challenge from Our Creative Corner.



{all things grow with love}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Sweet Love Tablet (Little Yellow Bicycle), Love Me Do (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Sage Shadow (SU)
Accessories: Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp), White Gel Pen (Sakura), Rhinestone (Bazzill), Flower Punch (EK Success), Heart Punch (Paper Shapers), Foam Dimensionals, White Grosgrain Ribbon (Offray)
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Maile Belles March 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Beautiful card, love your use of the open heart! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

Mary J March 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Really great card, Dana!

Bonita Rose March 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

beautiful! I love this one too!!!!

Charlene Austin March 30, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

OMGosh....card #1 for the challenge and it's AMAZING!! I love it love it love it!

Winter April 2, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

So pretty! I love it! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell April 2, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

This is super cute! Love the heart die cut and the faux stitching. Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Unknown April 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Love this! It's so pretty!

Mariana Grigsby April 18, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

Very Pretty! I love the open heart, and the patterned papers you used! Thanks for playing along with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP