OCC Color Challenge

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hello! I'm back with a new challenge from Our Creative Corner. This week we have a color challenge for you. The colors are yellow, pink, green, and brown. I sketched this layout a while back in my card sketch book. I'm glad I was finally able to use it. It's a great layout for color challenges, just switch out the colors to the ones you need.
There is faux stitching around each rectangle, although it didn't really show up on the yellow. I really love my little, tiny bow. I initially made it larger, but it just didn't look right.

If you haven't done so already, head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out what the rest of the DT created with this yummy color combo!

Have a great weekend!


{There's no one like you friend}

Stamps: Friend's 'til the end (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Pink Ribbon (Offray), Foam Dimensionals, White Gel Pen (Sakura)
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

jjcreations March 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

This is absolutely so simple, cool and fun all wrapped (stitched) into one!!!! Awesome card.

Joycelyn Pelkey March 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Oh wow...great job with these colors...this is such a cool layout!!!

Wendy J. March 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Dana, you have such a fun contemporary style! This is such a cute card! I love the simple rectangles of color! Wonderful!

LorettaL March 13, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Dana, I love your colourblocking! I think that is a stroke of brilliance!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie March 13, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

This sketch is perfect for this challenge. Great job! Love the faux stitching and your tiny bow.

Lori Rider March 13, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Great card - I love how you used the colors! Your sketch is really fun. Pretty bow too, and the faux stitching is perfect!

Jennifer Meyer March 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

Beautiful card Dana, LOVE the pretty panels of the colors and the fun use of the white gel pen!

Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Jana Weaver March 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

WOW! I love the layout of this card, and it makes the colors just pop right out! Beautiful job!!!

Jenny Gropp March 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Awesome way to use the sketch in your book for this color challenge!!!! It's FAB!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP