Our Creative Corner - Sketch Challenge

Saturday, March 6, 2010



Hello! I'm here with a new challenge from Our Creative Corner. This month our hostess is one of my idols, Silke Ledlow. She has a sketch challenge for us this week.

This was a fun card to make since I used some of my new favorite patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. It's called Love Me Do and the pack comes with a sheet of die cuts. I used a few on this card.

This card has a ton of layers, which is a little out of the norm for me. But I love how it turned out! I really like how the colors play off each other.

Here's a close-up of all those layers!

Now, head on over to Our Creative Corner and see the other DT creations. I love seeing all the variations of the same sketch. I hope you can play along!

Have a great weekend!!!

{XOXO}

Card Stock: Pure Poppy, SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Love Me Do (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Foam Dimensionals, Die Cuts from Love Me Do collection (My Mind's Eye), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success)

Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Jenny Gropp March 6, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

Love all the layering you have on this one -- FAB card, Dana! Adorable paper mixing and matching too!

Lori Rider March 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Dana, this is so pretty! I would have thought those shapes were chipboard if I hadn't read your blog - they have so much dimension. Great papers - I might have to get those! LOL!

Joycelyn Pelkey March 6, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

WOW!!! LOVE the dimension here...this is FABULOUS!!!

Simone March 6, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

Fabulous card! Great papers!
Simone

Jennifer Meyer March 6, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

Such a pretty layout and design Dana! I LOVE how you created the focal point of your card and what pretty paper too!

Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie March 7, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

Wonderful card this week, Dana! I really love the mix of colors and DP patterns here with all the layering. MME is one of my favorite paper makers and you have done a great job with these lovely papers and embellishments!

LorettaL March 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

I love all your layers, Dana!

Wendy J. March 11, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

I love all the interest on this card. You have many different patterns that come together to make a wonderful card. The red grounds it all. Very nice, Dana!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP