OCC Challenge - Sketch Challenge

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hello! I'm here with a new Our Creative Corner challenge. This week, Silke gave us a sketch to follow. The card I made is one of those that just look better when seen in person. There are a lot of little details that were hard to show in the photo. The colors for this card were simply pulled from the piece of striped patterned paper.


I used Butterfly Kisses (Papertrey Ink) for my butterflies, and the wings are clear embossed. I hope you can see that in the photo below. I used pewter pearls for the butterfly centers. I love this 3D look.
The thread that I wrapped around the card stays in place with a notch that I created with a 1/8" hole punch. I love how that part turned out.

Check out Our Creative Corner to see the sketch and all the DT samples. I hope you can make time to play along!
{all things grow with love}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits, Butterfly Kisses (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Basic Black (SU)
Patterned Paper: Sweet Love Tablet (Little Yellow Bicycle)
Ink: Basic Black (SU)
Accessories: Pewter Pearls (Kaiser Craft), 1/8th" Hole Punch (SU), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Thread, Foam Dimensionals, Pink Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft)
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick March 27, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

Great card - love those butterflies! Great tip about the notches for the thread!

LorettaL March 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

Wow, Dana! Using these dimensional butterflies was brilliant! Your card is so clean and fresh!!

Bonita Rose March 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

beautiful!!!!

Silke Ledlow March 27, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L!!! Love this butterfly design!!!

I had fun working with you too!!! See you in blogland :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Wendy J. March 27, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Gorgeous, Dana! Love the papers you used and the butterflies

Simone March 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Such an awesome card! Great color combination! I love the effect from the butterflies wings!
Simone

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie March 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

Your color combo is just plain gorgeous! Those butterflies are sensational - love the embossing on them. Awesome job on the sketch challenge this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP