Our Trip to Disney!!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hey guys! We are finally back from Disney World and I'm just now getting back into the swing of things. It's so hard to go from Spring Break/Disney World mode to the real world. Disney really is a magical place. We had an amazing trip (except for a little trip to the ER in the middle of the night with Halle- she ended up having bronchitis).


We spent five days in Disney World (one day in Hollywood Studios, one in Animal Kingdom, one in Epcot, and two in Magic Kingdom). We stayed at a Disney Resort and used the Disney Dining Plan. It was great, although I'm pretty sure I gained about 10 pounds. We were never hungry.

Here are a bunch of pictures from our trip, in no particular order. I had to narrow these few down from 458 pictures.
Halle and Colin loved collecting autographs. Mary Poppins was their favorite. Colin had me write "I love" on his autograph page so that when Mary Poppins signed it, it would say "I love Mary Poppins". All of the characters that can talk (like Mary Poppins and the princesses) have to stay in character and in the correct time period, which is really neat. We got Mary Poppins' autograph in the England district in Epcot.
Halle and Colin getting Minnie's autograph in Animal Kingdom.
Halle and Colin with Jiminy Cricket in Magic Kingdom.
Halle, Colin, and Scott posing in front of a rhino in Animal Kingdom.
Halle and Colin with Cinderella at the "Princesses & Friends" character lunch in the Norway district of Epcot.
Here we are with Sorcerer Mickey in Magic Kingdom.
Here we are standing in front of Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom.
Here we all are again in front of the huge golf ball in Epcot.
Halle and Colin with Pluto in Magic Kingdom.
This was Halle's very favorite thing she did the whole week. She was picked to "drive" the boat on the "Jungle Cruise" ride. She got to "drive" the boat under a waterfall.
Here's my little guy sleeping with Woody. He bought Woody during the first day at Disney and has slept with him every night since. Every night, the kids were asleep within 20 minutes of getting back to our room.

We had so much fun! Thanks for letting me share our trip with you!!!

PS. I hope to get back in the studio soon. I had grand plans of sketching layouts during our 14 hour drive, but no such luck. Just catching up with stuff around the house and then I'll be back with some new cards to share.

PPS. This experience has really gotten me itching to make a scrap book using pictures from our trip. I don't know, seems like a big challenge!
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Bonita Rose March 23, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

So happy to learn more about u.... your pics are fabulous.. we took my girls to Cali Disney last year.. they loved it..first time for them, and they are older... 15 and 16.. now we are planning another trip wtih them this summer.. not sure tho what we shud do?? Aug.. Fl.. Hot?? or cali... or maybe hawaii.. no disney though.. how was the hotels and dining plan?? my hubby was looking at that.. and thought the dining plans were pretty spendy.. ur thoughts?? Email me, I'd love to hear your thoughts.. bonnieangel1797@gmail.com
Can't wait to see what u create!
hugs, xo bonnierose

Sheila Bennett March 24, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

Looks like you had a fun time. Disney truly is a fun and magical place. The picture of Woody hugging your son while he is sleeping is just precious.

JenE March 24, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Welcome home :) It sounds like you guys had a magnificent time...so glad for you! Sorry your daughter got sick, hope she's doing better!

florascrap March 24, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

You can do it!!! (the scrapbook, that is!) :) Great pictures and I am glad you guys had so much fun!

Jenna Wunderlich March 26, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

oh it sounds like you had such a great time! You should do a scrapbook! You can do it!:)

Doris April 9, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

We, too, have wonderful memories from WDW--it truly is a magical place. First with our two kids, and now with our four grandkids! I'm not a scrapbooker, but I do make scrapbooks of my special trips. Just choose out your favorite photos and go for it. It's not as overwhelming when it's for a specific event. I'd have that photo of your son blown up and hung in his room!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP