Clear & Simple Stamps: April 2011 Release

Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm so happy to share the April release of Clear & Simple Stamps with you.  No fooling here!  This latest set is called On the Mend II, it coordinates with a previously released set On the Mend.  This set is so cute and fun, but it's not all about sewing.  It's so versatile, let me show you.

Here's a look at the full set:
And here is the card I made.  See, not strictly sewing.
I have to say that I'm in love with this card.  It started by creating a background with the ruler image.  I continued stamping the ruler image on the the kraft card stock using Versamark, for a subtle pattern.  I colored the rulers using Yellow Trio 4 Copic Markers.  If you can't tell, I've been having a lot of fun with Copics lately.
For the stitching, I simply paper pierced the perimeter of my rectangle and then stitched it with yellow/gold floss.  Each stitch goes through the hole from the back and then wraps around to the back again through the next hole.  The heart and kraft panel were adhered using foam dimensionals.  The sentiment strip is curved for a fun, waving in the wind look and is anchored by two tiny silver pearls.


Thanks so much for joining in the fun today!!!  I hope your April is off to a great start!!!

PS.  Don't forget to check out the Clear & Simple Stamps Blog to see all of the release day cards from the design team.
{Love Beyond Measure}
Stamps: On the Mend II (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS), Versamark
Accessories: Copic Markers- Yellow Trio 4 (Y32, Y35, Y38), Floss, Foam Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Heart Punch (Paper Shapers), Silver Pearls (Michaels)

8 comments:

Steph Zerbe April 1, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

Oh, this card is so much fun! Great use of the measuring tape!

Basement Stamper April 1, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

I love what you did with this card using the measuring tape as the background, very pretty!

Lori April 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM  

This is awesome, Dana! Love the measuring tape background.

Vio April 1, 2011 at 11:56 PM  

oh eek!! that is one totally cute card! I love the ruler-background. thank you for sharing your lovely card!

Vio April 1, 2011 at 11:56 PM  

oh eek!! that is one totally cute card! I love the ruler-background. thank you for sharing your lovely card!

Samantha April 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM  

Dana how cute, I love your card.

Ryann April 3, 2011 at 10:21 AM  

Oh I just LOVE this card! GREAT job Dana!!

Rochelle Sodipo April 4, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

How darling!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP