A {Celebrate Your Day} Card...

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hey guys!  Now, I know what you are thinking, "Wow, Dana is a real genius with a sewing machine!".  Before you leave your comments of praise, I thought I would "keep it real" as they say.  I have never sewn this much on a card before.  In fact, I'm actually really impressed with all my straight lines.

I started by stamping my kraft base with the grid from the Guidelines set.  This made sewing in a straight line so much easier (except for that one line that really went crooked, but I hid it behind the sentiment panel, yeah, genius is right).  Now, here's the part where I "keep it real".
Yeah, what a mess!  And here's how it looked after I trimmed the thread and taped down the loose ends with scotch tape.
It looks so much better, but who wants to see a card with that on the inside?  So, I took a piece of lightweight card stock and lined the inside.
Now no one will know what a mess it was!

Okay, now that the inside is finished (I'm not big on decorating the inside of cards, outside is where it's at, just sayin'), it's time to work on the outside.
I decided to stamp inside the diamond grid with versamark using one of the images from the Guidelines set.  I decided to do this after the stitching because I would be really upset with myself if I did all that work and then ruined it when my sewing machine messed up (user error) and I would have to start over.  Luckily the sewing machine worked pretty good today.

And here is a close up of the sentiment.  Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge was to use heat embossing on your card.  Gold is one of my favorites.  I just love watching the matte powder turn to a shiny metallic.

The centers of the butterflies are white acrylic accents.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and the quirky mood I'm in.  

{Celebrate Your Day}
Stamps: Guidelines, Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Sewing Machine & Thread, Gold Embossing Powder (SU), Edge Distresser, Foam Dimensionals, Butterflies Punch (Martha Stewart), White Acrylic Accents (Ranger)

3 comments:

Unknown April 6, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

holy gorgeous sewing!! I'm in love with that!!

Jill Norwood April 6, 2011 at 9:16 PM  

I am totally impressed and loved the keepin it real portion of your blog post! I don't have a sewing machine so I am always so awed by people that sew on their cards - it is soooo pretty! Love the gold embossing powder too! I don't have any yet - only white. Need to order some I guess! Thanks for your great card of inspiration!
Jill / Seattle, WA.

Karen H. April 9, 2011 at 12:26 AM  

Beautiful card! Thanks for the tip about using the guidelines (I can't sew straight). I love your comment about watching the gold powder change. I'm not much for gold, but you are totally right, gold powder gives the most satisfaction when it melts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP