A {Thinking of You} Card...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hi there!  I so desperately wish I could get into my normal routine.  It seems that chaos has become the routine lately.  So, I managed to squeeze in a little time to make a card this morning, and let me tell you it felt great.  There's nothing like sitting down and making something from start to finish.  I was also able to catch up on some shows at the same time.  I'm loving Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.  Oh, my daughter went back to school today.  Thank you to those who wished her well.  She was home for two days. She still didn't feel that great this morning, but she hadn't had a fever in 24 hours.  As soon as she got to her classroom, she perked up immediately.  


So, about this card I made.  It sorta uses the layout from today's Sketch Challenge at SCS.  I think I was more inspired by the example card than by the actual layout, although my card isn't that much of a departure.  I really love white on white.  When you are making a white on white card, it's good to use a lot of texture to differentiate the layers.  I meant for this to be a Happy Easter card, but when I went to grab the stamp, it was missing from my set.  I hate when that happens.
Here's a close-up so you can read the "thinking of you" sentiment.  It comes from a limited edition set from Clear & Simple Stamps.  I'm absolutely in love with that font.  


Have a great day!

{Thinking of You}
Stamps: Thinking of You (Clear & Simple Stamps) -limited edition
Card Stock: A Blanc Check
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful (CSS)
Accessories: Clear Gems, Blue Copic Marker, Swiss Dots & Birds and Swirls Embossing Folders (Cuttlebug), Gingham Ribbon, Foam Dimensionals

2 comments:

Nicki April 21, 2011 at 9:58 AM  

Love white on white cards. This is very pretty card, and totally loving that bow!

Deborah April 28, 2011 at 12:02 AM  

Beautiful card! Love the all white.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP