A {Baby Banner} Card...

Monday, April 4, 2011

Hello!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Ours was super fun.  We crammed some fun stuff in yesterday for the kid's last day of Spring Break.  We saw the movie "Hop" which was pretty cute, for kids anyway.  

Okay, so here is my card for today.  It uses this week's CPS Sketch.  I think I've only done a banner on one other card before so this was a lot of fun (click HERE to see it). For this card I used the other banner shape that came already in my Silhouette library.  I simply cut out the banner shapes using the Silhouette and then punched out some circles with a circle punch (duh, a little redundant!).  
I really love how this card turned out except I wanted the sentiment at the bottom to be darker.  By the time I noticed I had already glued down the patterned paper and had the banner attached.  I was afraid I would ruin the whole card if it didn't stamp perfectly with a darker brown.  Oh well, I think it'll do.  If you are having a hard time reading the sentiment, it says "Congrats on your new little bundle".

Well, hope everything is going your way today.  So far so good here.  It's pretty windy but it is in the high 60's.  I can't wait to plant our first garden sometime this week.  I hope you have a great day!

{Baby Banner Card}
Stamps: Fresh Alphabet, Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful, Brown Leather Satchel (CSS)
Accessories: Foam Dimensionals, Digitally Cut Banners (Silhouette), Circle Punch, Baker's Twine (Jillibean Soup), Edge Distresser

2 comments:

Lea L. April 5, 2011 at 3:34 PM  

This is so sweet!! I love the dimension in your cutie banner, and the colors are just perfect!! Thanks for joining us at the CPS Sketch blog this week! ♥♥♥

Kristii April 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM  

What a wonderful card!! Absolutely fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP