Clear & Simple Stamps: Group Project

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hey there!  It's a fun day around these parts.  It's Group Project day with Clear & Simple Stamps.  This month the design team and I were challenged to create a card or 3D item using fabric.  How fun!  This combines two of my favorite hobbies.

So, I used this month's SOTM, On the Mend II and some fabric to create two hair accessories any little girl would be happy to wear.   

Here's the set.  It's a head band and a barrette that is clipped to a gift tag.
The tag was created out of Kraft Like a Rockstar card stock with some patterned paper.  I created the faux stitching using a ruler and a black sharpie.  I punched two holes in the center of the tag and that's how the barrette is attached to the tag.
This was my daughter's headband.  It was already covered in pink ribbon.  I simply tore off the tacky flower that came on it and replaced it with these three fabric flowers that I made.
And here's my little girl modeling her new headband.  She absolutely loved it.
About the flowers.  They are super simple to make.  All you need is some thin strips of fabric and a glue gun.  I started by tying a knot in the end of a fabric strip and then gluing that knot to a little circle of card stock or felt (both work fine).  From there, all you do is twist the fabric and wrap it around the knot, gluing here and there to keep the fabric attached to the felt base.  When your flower is big enough, simply wrap the fabric around the back and glue it down.  Once your flower is finished, hot glue it to whatever your heart desires.  


Make sure you check out the rest of the design team and their fabric creations: Kim Howard, Viola Mahr, Lori Tecler, Ryann Salamon, Cristina Kowalczyk, Tiffany Johnson, and Tracy Schultz.  


Have a great day!

{Fabric Flower Hair Accessories}
Stamps: On the Mend II (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Brown Leather Satchel (CSS)
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Black Fine Tip Marker (Sharpie), Ruler, Stamping Sponge, Fabric, Hot Glue Gun, Barrette, Head Band, Hemp Twine

9 comments:

whoistracy April 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

Love this! So very clever. I bet she is so excited about her new headband, too.

Vio April 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

OH SO COOL!! :o) I love headbands!

Basement Stamper April 12, 2011 at 10:33 PM  

This is gorgeous Dana! I love the the headband and the flower barrett-it's so pretty!

florascrap April 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

Dana, these are gorgeous! :) Thanks for the comments on my blog...I am slowly getting back into crafting. Just got a divorce from my husband of 8.5 years (HE didn't want to be married anymore...don't get me started!) and the last six months have been a little crazy. The last thing I felt like doing was crafting, but I am feeling the creativity again and don't feel like getting rid of all of my supplies anymore, so that's good! Anyway, TMI I am sure, but thanks again! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor April 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

Wow! What an adorable gift set, Dana! Have you considered linking it up to the Little Gifts Challenge in the Moxie Fab World? Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/04/350-cards-gifts-week-little-gifts.html

Hope to see you there! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor April 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

Hey again, Dana! Thanks for linking this up to the Little Gifts Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

Anonymous April 15, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

Love this project!! So cute!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) April 15, 2011 at 10:50 PM  

Awesome!!!! These are so darn adorable! (found you via the Moxie Fab site!!!!)

Unknown May 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

Did you realize this post had been copied completely here http://scrapbookexpo.blogspot.com/2011/05/danas-dabbling-studio-clear-simple.html -- they did link to you but, stil. . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP