A {Stop and smell the flowers} Card...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Okay, so this morning has been so frustrating.  Let me tell you about it.  I recently joined my brother's Fantasy Football League, so I owe him $10.  I thought it would be fun to make him a football themed card and send him the money in it. I get down to business designing a quick but impressive football card using Silhouette Studio.  All I need to do is cut it.  I turn on my Silhouette and it's acting up--again!  I try a few different things and end up calling Silhouette customer service.  They were helpful but their solution didn't work so now I need to send in my Silhouette to have it repaired.  Luckily it's still under warranty but I'm still bummed I won't get to send my brother his card since the money is due soon.  Bummer.
So, what's a girl to do?  I turn to Pinterest and check out some cards that I have pinned on my "Cards to CASE" board.  I decided to CASE the layout of this card by Jen del Muro.
I think this may be the first time I've used the Forest Friends set since I received it in my goodie bag at PTI's Stamp-A-Faire.  I like how the overall card is CAS but the squares each contain a scene that's not CAS.

My day has gotten a little better since making this cute and cheery card.  Hope your day is great!

{Stop and smell the flowers}
Stamps: Forest Friends (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Vintage Cream, Orange Zest, New Leaf (PTI)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Green With Envy, Simply Blue-tiful, Brown Leather Satchel, Dish All the Dirt Brown, Creamsicle Cardigan (CSS)
Accessories: Edge Distresser, Stamping Sponge, Foam Dimensionals, Circle Punch (SU)

1 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird September 12, 2011 at 4:25 PM  

ooh, that sucks about your Silhouette. I love this card! I bought the Forest Friends set a long time ago and was happy to get the sentiment set in our goody bag--I sent the Forest Friends set to a friend that doesn't have it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP