A {Happy Fall} Card...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hello Hello!  I hope you've recovered from your holiday weekend!  We had a very lazy day yesterday and that's helped so much.  It's been so cool here the last two days.  Four days ago it was in the 90's and now it's in the 50's.  Bizarre!  So in celebration of cooler weather coming, I made an appropriately themed card.

I used my Silhouette to cut out the white rectangle of card stock and also the circle shapes.  If you aren't familiar with the Silhouette you might not know that you can design your card right on the computer and simply hit "cut page" and it cuts your card out for you.  Once I had it cut, I simply adhered strips of colored card stock behind the circle openings.  Easy peasy and most of the work was done on the computer.
Once I was done cutting the page, I saved the image I created so I can make this card over any time and simply change the colors.  I think the circles were meant to be used as a border, but I think they look kind of retro here.  I really like the button and how it's placed directly over a circle.  It looks like it was designed that way, but it was really just a happy accident.  

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my card!  Have a great day!!!

{Happy Fall}
Stamps: Icon Extras (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Dare to be a Diva Red, Orange You Fabulous, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, Glamazon Green, Espresso Your Style (CSS)
Ink: Espresso Your Style, Dish All the Dirt Brown (CSS)
Accessories: Digitally Cut Shapes (Silhouette), Button, Cork Sheet, Foam Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge (CSS)

1 comments:

Lori September 13, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

Great design! Love the fall colors. I have a Silhouette that's still in the box (since it arrived in April), but I think you may have inspired me to find a place to set it up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP