An {Ocean of Love} Card...

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Can you tell I'm dreaming of the ocean?  Only three more days until we leave on our cruise!  I'm so excited but it's been pretty overwhelming making arrangements for the kids and packing, packing and packing.  


This card started with a cream card base that is sponged with blue ink for the sky.  Before I sponged the "sky", I applied a circle mask where I wanted the "sun" to be.  Then I used a reverse mask (just the negative of the circle punch) to sponge the orange ink for the sun.  


The waves were created by using alternating strips of blue card stock that were punched using a scallop edge punch.  
I really love how the sentiment overlaps the sky and sun.  Don't know why exactly, but it just works.

Have a great day!

{Ocean of Love}
Stamps: Whale Wishes (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: On the Catwalk Cream, Simply Blue-tiful, Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful, Your Style Blue Me Away, Creamsicle Cardigan (CSS)
Accessories: Blue Rhinestone, Whale Die (PTI), Foam Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge, Scallop Edge Punch (SU)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP