A Simple {Dude, You Rock} Card...

Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Friday Y'all!  I've been so busy this week that I couldn't wait to get crafty, since that means I get a chance to sit down.  We are having a Labor Day party and I've been cleaning like crazy.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it won't be so hot.

So, I really like this card but it just didn't photograph that well.  I changed the settings on my camera, moved the card around (in the shade, in the sun), I don't know what the deal was.  The idea for this card came from one of my favorite designers Cristina Kowalczyk.  You can see her card here.  Don't ya just love it?!


Anyway, this is a loose interpretation of Cristina's card.  I kept the polka dots but stamped them on colored card stock.  I stamped the sentiment in the same spot in black.  You can see I used a different sentiment.  I had to do a little masking with my sentiment.  The "Dude" and "You Rock" are a little closer together on the stamp.  
I made this card with no one in particular in mind, but I chose colors that are guy friendly.  I don't the button is too girly, right?  Buttons are unisex, you think?  


I really like this card and wish you could all see it in person.  


I hope you all have a wonderfully long weekend.  I know I will!!!

{Dude, You Rock!}
Stamps: Signature Greetings, Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White, Ripe Avocado, Scarlet Jewel, Orange Zest, Kraft (PTI)
Ink: Fresh Snow (PTI), Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Accessories: Hemp Twine, Button, Corner Rounder Punch, Edge Distresser, Hole Punch

1 comments:

Cristina September 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

How sweet are you? And I love your version! YOU rock. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP