Blogher Book Club Review: Slow Love

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm excited to share another book review with you today.  We're doing things a little different this time.  I'm going to let you know what I thought of the book and then I'll be participating in a month-long discussion over at Blogher.  This next book club selection is called Slow Love by Dominique Browning.  It's being touted as the next Eat, Pray, Love.


Slow Love is a memoir written by Dominique, a high powered magazine editor who unexpectedly loses her job.  She loses all sense of purpose and doesn't know what to do with her life.  This is the way I felt just a short time ago when both my kids started school this year (all day).  Dominique's life was fast paced and sort of a whirlwind.  Her losing her job was a blessing in disguise.  She learned how to enjoy life and really learn who she really was.

I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for Dominique since she didn't seem to live in the present and didn't really sit back and enjoy the now for over 30 years.  I feel that I've made good choices and say no enough that I really do enjoy the little moments in life.  This book reminded me to be thankful for what I have and how I should be savoring every moment.


Here is a link to the Slow Love page on Blogher Book Club, click on any of the reviews to participate in the discussions.  This should be a lot of fun!


Have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP