An Earthy {Hello} Card...

Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Friday!  I made another card today without using any challenges or CASEing anyone's card.  I picked these papers simply because they were sitting out on my desk from yesterday.  Actually a lot of the items I used for this card just happened to be laying on my messy desk.


I was used a dry embossing technique on my card.  The background that looks like tree bark was achieved by rubbing my distressed stripes embossing folder with brown ink before putting the kraft card stock in and running in through my cuttlebug.

This card has an earthy feel to it, maybe that has something to do with the dreary weather we've been having lately.  We've gotten a lot of severe weather and rain lately, as you can see from the super green grass in the background of my photos.
Here's a different view of my card so you can see the layered dimension.  I use 1/8" dimensional tape so I can  have many layers without making the card cumbersome or awkward.

Have a great weekend!!!

{Hello}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Trendsetter Blue (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Hattie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Dish All the Dirt Brown, Simply Blue-tiful (CSS)
Accessories: Oval Nesties (Spellbinders), Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Heart Punches (Paper Shapers), Rhinestone Brad, Foam Dimensionals, Sheer Brown Ribbon (Offray), Stamping Sponge

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP