A {Welcome Home} Card...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

*This is my second post for today, make sure you scroll down to see both... 
Hello!  Today is the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and the theme is FLOWERS.  I saw this card on Maile Belles blog yesterday and I knew I wanted to CASE it.  I changed a lot on my card, but the idea came from her card.

The colors I chose came from the patterned paper.  It may be hard to see, but you can click on the pictures to see the wreath close up.
The middle of each flower is filled using white acrylic accents.  The dots flattened out when they dried, I was hoping they would keep their "pearl" look.  




Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you enjoy the hop.  Have a great day!
{Welcome Home}
Stamps: Wreath For All Seasons (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: I'm a Princess Pink, Simply Blue-tiful (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful, Creamsicle Cardigan, Paint the Town Pink (CSS), Moss Green (ColorBox)
Accessories: Labels 9 Nesties (Spellbinders), Stamping Sponge, White Acrylic Accents (Ranger), Foam Dimensionals, Edge Distresser

12 comments:

Lisa May 25, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

It looks like you matched the inks perfectly with the paper! Beautiful card:)

Ally May 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

Such a delightful card! I'd like to try that technique, too. Great work! ;-)

Jen Carter May 25, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

love how you made the wreath so colorful! I also like how you stamped the it inside the frame!

Renee May 25, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

Gorgeous!
LOVE that paper!
And the wreath is adorable with those flowers...
just a gorgeous card!

paperkicks May 25, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

love your layering technique! adorable card!!

Lisa Elton May 25, 2011 at 8:48 PM  

Your card is just charming, wonderful colors!

Kelly S. May 25, 2011 at 11:45 PM  

Beautiful card, Dana! That patterned paper is so lovely, and you matched the wreath to it perfectly! Oh and the frame, GORGEOUS!

Wendy ten Hove May 26, 2011 at 5:38 AM  

Oh, wauw!! Love the paper you used, combined with the colors in the flowers, sooo pretty!!! I love it!!
Hugs, Wendy

DF May 26, 2011 at 9:51 AM  

Beautiful! Love how you echoed the pattern paper scale on the wreath.

Deborah May 26, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

Wonderful! Again you have outdone yourself!

Tracey McNeely May 26, 2011 at 9:30 PM  

Pretty card, great paper choice.

Kristii May 27, 2011 at 10:30 PM  

Such a pretty card!! I love the wreath and the patterned paper you chose is perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP