A {Friendship} Card...

Friday, May 20, 2011

Hello there!  Just a quick post for me today.  It's been a busy day and I still have a lot to do.  This card is what I thought would be a quick and easy card.  I wasn't completely wrong, but it's not as easy as it looks.  The idea for this card came from this card on Susan Raihala's blog, which I just started to follow recently.  I don't know how I stumbled upon it, but I'm so glad I did.  She makes a lot of one-layer cards that are simply stunning.  


Anyhow, I decided that faux stitching the frames would go with the sentiment.  Since I only have two colors of fine tip markers, I decided to use only two frames.  Instead of using a frame stamp (because I don't have one), I used a ruler and pencil.
I think the longest part was choosing which buttons I wanted to use.  I have so many, it was really hard to decide.  The buttons are threaded with slivers of pink card stock.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

{Friendship...}
Stamps: On the Mend II (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: I'm a Princess Pink (CSS)
Ink: Paint the Town Pink (CSS)
Accessories: Buttons, Black Fine Tip Pen, White Gel Pen (Sakura), Ruler, Corner Rounder Punch

3 comments:

Susan Raihala May 20, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

Oh this is soooo sweet! Love the faux stitched frames, and I can't believe how neat it is given you did it by hand! What awesomely careful work!

Basement Stamper May 20, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

Great card Dana, I love seeing Susan's cards and I am hoping to make some this weekend.

Susie May 22, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

Totally love your card. Great design work. I take a long time choosing buttons, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP