A {Happy Retirement} Card...

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hello!  I was in the mood to color today, so that's how this card came to fruition.  I colored the house with a mix of regular markers and copic markers.  I colored the house and then picked out my patterned paper.  There was no planning ahead of time to make sure it all matched, luckily it did.  This is the first time I outlined my colored image with a light gray copic marker.  It's supposed to make it look like the image is popping off the page.  It really does work, it's just hard to see since the sun was shining right on my card.

I usually make cards and take photos in the morning.  But today it worked out to be the afternoon and that sun (that FINALLY made an appearance) was right over my card.  Totally not going to complain, just picture my card without those darn shadows.  
That ribbon has been in my stash for ages.  I finally used the last bit of it on this card.  I love this patterned paper.  I'm sure you can tell by all the cards I've used it on lately.  It's double sided, which I love.  

I hope the sun is out wherever you are today!  Enjoy your day!!!

PS. This is also another card that uses this week's CPS Sketch.
{Happy Retirement}
Stamps: Holiday Home (Stampendous), A Guy Thing (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, On the Catwalk Cream (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Dish All the Dirt Brown (CSS)
Accessories: Circle Cutting Tool (Coluzzle), Edge Distresser, Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Stamping Sponge, Ribbon (Michaels), Blossom Punch (EK Success), Rhinestone, Glue Dots

2 comments:

Nicki May 5, 2011 at 8:00 PM  

Cute card Dana. Love the little flower embellie too. Glad you got a little sun...its way too chilly for it to be May here!

Anonymous August 5, 2011 at 5:09 AM  

Lovely card :)... I should present this to my father on his retirement. Its a lovely gift for him...
Scratch Card Printing

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP