A {Happy Father's Day} Card...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hello!  It's never too early to make Father's Day cards.  It'll be here before you know it.  I've been doing a lot of design work lately and it was really nice to make a card just because.  


I make quilted cards a lot but what's different about this one is that once all the squares were in place, I embossed it with an embossing folder.  The embossing shows up a lot better on some of the papers than others.  
I found this button in my stash.  I love that it has a woodgrain look, perfect for a masculine card.  

I appreciate your visit today.  See you tomorrow!

{Happy Father's Day}
Stamps: A Guy Thing (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Hattie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Your Style Blue Me Away, Creamsicle Cardigan (CSS)
Accessories: Circle Punch, Button, Sheer Navy Ribbon (Offray), Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Edge Distresser, Glue Dots, Foam Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge

4 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans June 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

Dana I LOVE your Father's Day card! The quilted look is one of my favorite styles. Thanks for playing along with the CARDS challenge!

Arielle H Gordon June 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

This is gorgeous!!!

patti west June 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

hi Dana, I saw your father's day card at the create gallery and wanted to say thanks for the inspiration! I like to put together "quilt like" pps too - and love how you then embossed yours! So pretty! :) ~patti west

Tina Campbell June 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Great looking card love the quilt effect. Thanks for sharing the idea and the card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP