We're back from Las Vegas!!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hey guys!  My husband and I were in Las Vegas last week.  He went there for work and I just tagged along. We flew out on Sunday night and returned early Friday morning.  Scott's convention didn't start until Tuesday, so we were able to have a whole day together on Monday.  The rest of the week I was on my own during the day.  

We stayed at The Luxor hotel, which is one of the southern most hotels.  First thing Monday morning we took a taxi to the northern part of the Las Vegas strip (we didn't have a rental car) and over the course of an entire day, walked back to our hotel.  

I don't know if you are familiar with the show Pawn Stars, but this is where our first day started.  Scott and I love watching this show and were hoping to see some of the workers from the show.  The store is actually really small and we didn't see anyone there from the show.  It was still a neat experience seeing a place in person that we've seen hundreds of times on TV.  You can see from the photo that it was dreary that first day, temps in the high 50's.
Here's a picture of me in front of a fountain inside Caesar's Palace (or somewhere close to it).
 
 The Bellagio.  This day we caught the tail end of the fountains going off.  
This is inside the Bellagio.  I just love all the larger-than-life artsy displays.
Scott took this cool picture of the Encore hotel.  I love how the building reflects the sky.
This is inside the Venitian.  It's one of the big things on the list of things I wanted to see. 
We walked so much that first day, these massage chairs at Brookstone were our saving grace.  I think we sat there for about 45 minutes.  Pure bliss.
 That was pretty much our first day.  These next pictures are ones I took during the next few days while walking around town by myself.  

 This is New York, New York.  
This is part of the fashion district.  Lots of high end stores like Louis Vuitton, Prada and Gucci.  
The Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel.  This is where I put $3 in a penny slot machine and walked away with $18.  Yay me!  That's pretty much my biggest win of the week.  
When I told Nikki from Clear & Simple Stamps that I was going to Las Vegas she said I just had to go to the Sugar Factory at Paris Hotel.  So I went and ohhed and ahhed over all the candy and treats.  I didn't realize it was a full restaurant, I thought it was just a candy store.  Since I was by myself I didn't want to eat alone at a restaurant, so I actually ended up not buying anything at all.  Next time I'll definitely have to eat there.  
What was a thinking passing up all these mouthwatering treats.  My waistline I guess!
This is Caesar's Palace.
And this is us one night before we went to a show.  
While we were there we saw three shows: Carrot Top, Zumanity (Cirque Du Soliel), and Criss Angel.  Of those three we both agreed that the best show was Carrot Top.  We laughed our butts off.  We also ate at some great places: Rainforest Cafe, Tacos & Tequila, and House of Blues.  

One of the highlights of our trip for me was that our hotel room had a big bath tub.  We have just a regular tub at home and I rarely get a bath.  I took at least one long bath a day and read.  It was great for my aching hips and feet.  I did so much walking, I didn't feel bad at all for getting off my running schedule.

Overall we had a great time.  It was a little boring for me on the days I was by myself.  It was a nice little break from the kiddos and all their activities.  It was fun talking to them everyday and they were so excited to be spending so much time with their grandparents.  We could not have gone on this trip without all the help from our parents.  We are so lucky to have them!

As you can imagine it was hard to get back in the old routine.  I made plenty of cards ahead of time and scheduled them to post last week.  I didn't think to make an extra few when I was too exhausted to make anything to share.  

I hope you enjoyed today photos!  I hope to have something crafty to share tomorrow!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP