Clear & Simple Stamps: June 2011 Release

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's the first day of June and we all know what that means, a new stamp set is being released from Clear & Simple Stamps!!!  Let the fun begin!!!  This month's set is called Tweet Notes and it is super cute.  Take a look and see for yourself:
I'm so in love with this set.  Birds and branches are so trendy right now and I love how versatile they are to use on all sorts of cards.  Birds are totally gender neutral, don't you think?  Take a look at one of the cards I created for this release:
I sketched this card out first and it didn't include the tag with the bird on it.  I think that's the best part.  I love the creative process and how something goes from your mind, to being sketched out roughly on paper and then to something so tangible as a finished product.  It's so interesting to me to see how your ideas evolve over the course of time and seeing how something that looks great in your head doesn't translate to paper.  I love this little hobby of mine.

I started with Green With Envy as my card base and applied the floral paper first and then the a strip of distressed Glamazon Green on top of that.  Then I added a thicker strip of striped paper to cover the seam.  I stamped "TWEET" across the top in Perfect Little Black Dress ink adding the flowers in between in Simply Blue-tiful ink.  
The satin ribbon is A Clean Slate and is actually threaded through the top of the tag and then tied in a knot.  Before adhering the tag to the card I created a little scene.  The leaves of the branches were paper pieced using Green With Envy and the bird is paper pieced with patterned paper.  The little hearts were stamped with Paint the Town Pink, there are actually three hearts but one is covered up by the ribbon.  
Thanks for sharing in the fun today!  Be sure to check out the Clear & Simple Stamps Blog for all the design team creations.  


I also have a card featured on the Clear & Simple Stamps App for the iphone today.  For more info on how to get the app, click HERE.  It's a super cute one too, you won't want to miss it!




Have a great day!

{Tweet Tweet}
Stamps: Tweet Notes (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Green With Envy, Glamazon Green (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Paint the Town Pink, Simply Blue-tiful (CSS)
Accessories: A Clean Slate Satin Ribbon (CSS), Corner Rounder Punch, Edge Distresser, Foam Dimensionals, Hole  Punch 

3 comments:

Basement Stamper June 1, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

I adore all the elements of this card, absolutely darling!

Jen Carter June 1, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

This is so adorable! Love the dotted bird all paper pieced up! So sweet!

Lori June 1, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

Fabulous! Love the mix of colors and patterns.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP