A {Whale of a Happy Birthday} Card...

Monday, June 13, 2011

Hello and happy Monday!!!  I hope you are having a great day.  So far so good here.  I was so excited to play with some new stamping goodies this morning.  I ordered two new stamp sets from Papertrey Ink.  The sets are Whale Wishes and Chevron Stripes.  I'm loving them both.  To tell you the truth I had not thought to use these two sets together, but it just made sense when I sat down in my studio.  The chevron stripes give the  feeling of waves which is a perfect background for the whale stamp.

This week's Make it Monday challenge from Papertrey Ink is to use the rock-n-roll technique where you roll darker ink along the perimeter of your stamp.  I did mine a little differently than the video on the PTI blog.  I tried it their way first but my ink dried to quickly.  So, I stamped the whale first using Simply Blue-tiful ink and then I cleaned off the stamp and then stamped the whale once again (on top of the first one) with the whale inked with Your Style Blue Me Away ink around the perimeter.  I really like the effect.


I have to say that I'm loving the chevron stripes.  They are so forgiving.  If your stamp is off a bit, you won't be able to tell in the long run.  These are so much fun.  

Have a great day!

{Whale of a Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Whale Wishes, Chevron Stripes (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: On the Catwalk Cream, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Ink: Vintage Cream (PTI), Simply Blue-tiful, Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Accessories: Whale Wishes Die (PTI), Foam Dimensionals, Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Stamping Sponge

3 comments:

Donna Cole June 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM  

What a cute card. I did not order those sets yet, but you are making them very attractive. Great stamping to go back over the initial image to create your highlight. Wonderful!!

Teresa June 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Wow those waves look great with the whale. Very creative.

Terri Trotter Earley June 18, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

What a cute whale. I have been eyeing the chevron stripes for a while.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP