A {Celebrate Your Day} Card...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hi all! I thought I would make a card for PTI's Make It Monday Challenge.  I think this'll be one of my new weekly challenges.   This week the challenge was to make a card using a two-step masking technique.  First you mask the center rectangle to create the outside frame, then you mask the outside frame to stamp in the center.  Nichole shows some shortcuts in her video that I wouldn't have thought to do.  It's always worthwhile to watch the video even if you are familiar with the technique.  I learn something new every week.

Like the card I made last week, I used a background text stamp to make the frame.  I masked off the frame and stamped the flower, then masked the flower to stamp the leaves.  There's a lot of masking going on!!!
The flower and leaves were colored with ink and an aqua-painter.  I did it quickly and it does look like watercolor.  I applied a red rhinestone to the center of the flower and then outlined it with some smaller clear rhinestones.  


I'm starting to love these one layer cards.  It's really getting me out of my comfort zone in a good way.  


Have a great day!

{Celebrate Your Day}
Stamps: Signature Greetings, Text Style, Friends 'Til the End (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White (PTI)
Ink: Green With Envy, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Brown Leather Satchel, Dish All the Dirt Brown (CSS)
Accessories: Red Rhinestone (Kaiser Craft), Clear Rhinestones (Michaels), Aqua-Painter, Stamping Sponge

5 comments:

Kristii June 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the text background and the focal point is perfect!

kacee June 28, 2011 at 10:53 PM  

Very nice job. The card is lovely

Marybeth June 29, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

You did an amazing job with the MIM challenge, this is just beautiful.

Lisa Elton June 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

Just lovely!!!

Unknown July 1, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

great card for the challenge, so pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP