A {Tweet Little One} Card...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello!  It's a rainy day here but I had a perfect morning.  My husband is taking a mini vacation and we both slept in, drank our coffee and read the news on our ipads.  The kids have been lazy today, recovering from the 12 hours we spent at Kings Island yesterday.  I was able to steal some uninterrupted time in my studio.  Such a laid back day. 


I was in the mood to make a clean and simple card.  I decided to create a scene using Tweet Notes.  This set is perfect for baby cards.  I really like how the branches are crossed and provide a perfect place for a nest.  
I used blue copic markers for the birds.  The two larger birds were stamped on white card stock and cut out with scissors then glued on top of the branches.  I stamped the nest first and then the cracked egg. I masked the egg and then stamped the baby bird so it's peeking out of the egg.  Since I don't have green copics (yet!) I used some green ink and a colorless blender copic marker.  I'm sure if that's an actual technique or not and as I was doing it I was thinking "I hope I'm doing this right and not ruining my marker".  I think the green looks good on my card.  I rubbed the blender pen on some scrap paper to remove the green.

Thanks so much for joining me here today!  I'm wishing you a relaxing day!!!

{Tweet Little One}
Stamps: Tweet Notes (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Green With Envy, Dish All the Dirt Brown, Brown Leather Satchel (CSS)
Accessories: Blue Trio 6 Copic Markers (B93, B95, B99), Colorless Blender Copic, Baker's Twine (May Arts)

3 comments:

Karen H. June 15, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

That is so adorable! I love the way you used the branch to make a crook for the nest :)

florascrap June 15, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

CUTE card, Dana! Sounds like a wonderful day. :) I don't know if I ever wrote back to your facebook message (about my divorce), but I wanted to say that I appreciate it and that was so sweet of you. :) We should get together and stamp sometime!

Amy

Basement Stamper June 15, 2011 at 8:26 PM  

darling card, I love these images for baby cards and love how you criss crossed the branches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP