A {Welcome Summer} Card Re-do...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hey guys!  I'm almost embarrassed showing my face today.  I can't believe it's been 6 days since I've posted anything.  It was a totally unscheduled break.  For some reason, the last few weeks of the school year are always crazy busy and this year wasn't any different.  When I had time to be creative, I was exhausted.  I know you guys understand.

So, I was getting some cards ready on Monday (63 to be exact) to submit to CARDS Magazine (hopefully at least one will be accepted) and I was looking at some of my really old cards, ones that I would be too embarrassed to give away.  Do you have a stack of those?  Anyway I was thinking it would be fun to re-do some of those cards and see how much better my skill set is now.  Well, the first card I picked was one I made before I began blogging.  It was a Christmas card I made about 60 of and sent out to all of our friends and family.  I really liked the layout, so that's pretty much all I kept the same.
Original Card
Card Re-do
I really do still like the original card.  I love those lightbulbs and how they look like glass (they were covered with glossy accents).  It would be fun if I still had those stamps to make use them, but that was all the way back in 2007.  So, my new card uses 4 stamp sets.  I didn't have that luxury back in the day.  If you are having a hard time reading the sentiment, it says "Welcome Summer", which we finally are doing.  


The major differences are the stamps used and the overall feel of the card.   I replaced the brads with buttons, used some edge distressing, added a little interest around the sentiment (they are little cream leaves).  I left the ribbon off completely   
Original Card
Card Re-do
I also added some dimension to this card by using foam dimensional adhesive behind the leaf squares.  


I hope you thought today's post was fun.  Hopefully I make-over a few other cards.  It's fun to see how we've all evolved in this little crafty world.  

Have a great day!

{Welcome Summer}
Stamps: Icons I, Happy Fall (Clear & Simple Stamps)Wreath for All Seasons, Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Glamazon Green, A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Green With Envy (CSS), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Accessories: Buttons (PTI), Edge Distresser, Foam Dimensionals, 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP