A {Birthday Greetings} Card Re-Do...

Friday, June 10, 2011

Hey guys!  I have one more card re-do to show you.  This is another one from 2008.  Click here to see the original post (including a trip down memory lane when my daughter graduated from preschool).  I think the end result is better than the original card, but I'm not in love with it. I don't know, I think it might be too far from my style.  
Original Card 2008
Updated Card 2011
I pretty much just changed the paper, the flower is the same style but punched from paper.  I decided to not round the edges of the sentiment panel and instead I distressed all the edges.  I added a yellow pearl in the corner.  
I think this card is just a lit bit too busy for my liking.  I think this would be a great card for a girly girl.  

That being said, I have to tell you that it's not very often I use a paper pad until nothing is left but little scraps.  Well, that's what happened with the pad of paper I used for this card.  It's from the Gertie (Stella Rose) collection from My Mind's Eye.  I think I only have one full sheet left.  I love that MME's papers are double sided.  If you don't like one side, most likely you'll love the other side.

Have a great weekend!!!

{Birthday Greetings}
Stamps: Icon Extras (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Simply Blue-tiful, Paint the Town Pink (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful (CSS)
Accessories: Pearl, Yellow Ribbon, Flower Punch (Paper Shapers), Circle Punch (SU), Scallop Edge Punch (SU), Edge Distresser, Foam Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP