Our Creative Corner - Inspiration Challenge

Saturday, October 30, 2010


Hello!  I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday so far. This week is an inspiration challenge at Our Creative Corner.  Diane has picked a lovely and serene image for us.  I took inspiration from the soft, muted colors as well as the vase of flowers.  


I broke out my Pocket Silhouettes set from Stampin' Up.  I haven't used it in forever because, quite frankly, I thought it was retired.  I have to say those images go perfectly with the inspiration photo.  

It's very subtle, but I stamped text using cream ink onto the kraft card base. I think it really softens the card.  

 If you feel like getting crafty you should definitely give this challenge a try.  Make sure you stop by Our Creative Corner and check out the rest of the card samples.  

I hope you all have a great weekend and have a safe Halloween.  Don't eat too much candy!

{Friend to Friend}
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes (SU), Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Lemon Tart, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery (SU)
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan (Colorbox), Certainly Celery (SU)
Accessories: Spiral Notebook Page Die (Papertrey Ink), Floss (DMC), Curly Label Punch (SU), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Latte Pearls & Light Green Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft)
Bookmark and Share 

6 comments:

Wendy J. October 30, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

Such a pretty card, Dana! When I first looked at it, I thought the background was a line texture, now I see it's text. Nice! Love the pocket silhouettes look.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie October 30, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

This is just so soft and elegant looking, Dana. Love how you really featured the kraft CS and that image is just perfect for this piece!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Lori Rider October 30, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

Dana, this is great! I love how you used text in the background and the images are perfect - it's really soft and beautiful!

Sarah Gough October 31, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

I love it Dana, that stamp set was perfect!

Diane Gilbert October 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Dana your card is so soft and pretty! Perfect for the inspiration piece.

Dorcas November 4, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

This is beautiful! Love all the detail!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP