A "Hope you're feeling better" Card...

Monday, October 11, 2010



 Hello!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  Ours was super busy, but I'll let you know all about it in a separate post.  Fall break is over for the kids and we are back to the normal routine.  I love routine.  I am such a creature of habit.

Anyway, the card I made today uses this week's CPS sketch.  I love simple, so I immediately wanted to give this a try.  After I figured out what papers I wanted to use, I then had to figure out how to cut a perfect curve.  I thought about using my oval nesties, but the largest one wasn't large enough.  Then I remembered my Coluzzle.  It worked like a charm.  You don't hear much about Coluzzle's these days.  If you don't know, a Coluzzle is a circle and oval cutting device that SU sold before they came out with their new circle cutter.
Now that I look at my card, I'm realizing that I could have done this a much easier way.  I should have just cut a kraft oval, glued it to the card and then trimmed off the sides.  Oh well, next time.  The center panel is cork and I created a wavy banner for my sentiment.  I love that 3D effect.

Thanks so much for visiting!!!  Have a great day!
{hope you are feeling better}
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink) 
Patterned Paper: Apple Cider (Imaginisce)
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Chestnut Roan (Colorbox)
Accessories: Cork, Red Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Heart Punches (Paper Shapers), Foam Dimensionals, Coluzzle
Bookmark and Share 

1 comments:

JenE October 12, 2010 at 3:18 AM  

Love the card! How do you make the wavy banner? What kind of paper is it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP