OCC Challenge - Fall Color Challenge

Saturday, October 2, 2010



Hi there!  Welcome to another Our Creative Corner challenge.  I'm so glad you stopped by today.  This week we have a fall color challenge.  You can see the colors to the left.  You don't have to use those exact colors, anything close will do.  
I will be totally honest and tell you that I was really short on time making this.  I really can't believe it only took me about 20 minutes to make, and that's really all the time I had.  When I started pulling out the colors I came across the negative Top Note Die space from this card I made last week. So, I used that patterned layer for my vanilla and brown colors.  The card base is Ripe Avocado, the embossed center is Terracotta Tile, and the sentiment layer is More Mustard.

The bird I stamped looked a little awkward floating is space, so I grounded it by extending the lines on the sentiment to create a branch for it to perch on.  I just used a pencil and ruler.

I hope you have time to play along with us this week.  You won't want to miss the other creations from the Design Team at Our Creative Corner.

Have a great day!
{Enjoy the Journey}
Card Stock: Terracotta Tile, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink), More Mustard (SU)
Patterned Paper:  Basics Manila (Basic Grey)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Top Note Sizzix Die (SU), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Foam Dimensionals, Clear Rhinestone (Michaels), Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Circle Punch (SU)
 Bookmark and Share 

2 comments:

Lori Rider October 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

I love it, Dana! The Top Note frame is brilliant and the embossing and sentiment are fabulous too!

Diane Gilbert October 4, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Dana I agree with Lori, the Top Note frame is awesome!! Great card!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP