An "I'm So Grateful for You" Card...

Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Hello friends!  I'm back with a card to share. I made this card for the Embellish Magazine Challenge, which was to use yellow, gray, black and white and also to create a background.  I was a little ambitious with my background.  I was pulling out all my colors and I was going to use a piece of black and white striped paper.  I thought it would be nice if I could stamp text onto it, but black ink wouldn't work and neither would white.  So, I thought I would create my own stripes in yellow and gray and stamp black text on them.  

To simplify this process, I trimmed a piece of computer paper to 4" x 4" and this is what I glued all the stripes to.  Each strip is 1/2" x 4".  I was thinking a short-cut would be to cut a square of yellow paper and then add the gray stripes, but this wouldn't work if you are stamping your background stamp over it.  KWIM? 
Once I was finished with the square of stripes, I inked all the edges with black ink.  The oval is white and then I sponged the inside yellow using the nestie as a stencil.  I've learned that it is really hard to sponge with chalk ink (like the colorbox ones I've been using lately).  When I sponged the yellow, I was pretty much rubbing the sponge in circles onto the card stock.

I think this turned out pretty elegant, but that is a very elegant color combo.  Hope you are having a great day!
{I'm so Grateful for You}
Stamps: Signature Greetings, Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Going Gray (SU), Lemon Tart, True Black, SS White (Papertrey Ink) 
Ink: Citrus Yellow, Charcoal (Colorbox)
Accessories: Oval & Labels 9 Nesties (Spellbinders), Stampin' Sponge, Foam Dimensionals, Silver Pearls (Michaels)
 Bookmark and Share 

5 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell October 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

Love the striped pattern! Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

Nicki October 5, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

l love the gray, yellow, black - fab card!

Basement Stamper October 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Wow, that turned out fantastic, love what you created with it!

Kirsty Vittetoe October 6, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

Fabulous stamped background!

Charlene Austin October 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

Totally AWESOME!! I do the same trick with of adding cardstock to printer paper when I want to die cut something that is multi coloured. I did a whole page of them not long ago and will have to share those pics one day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP