An {I'm So Grateful For You} Card...

Friday, October 29, 2010


Hello!  Today I'm sharing a card I made the other night while my hubby was watching the World Series.  I rarely craft at night so I didn't know how it would go, but I'm in love with the card I made.  My son and daughter both love to make cards, but never quite clean everything up.  I'm sure you know what I mean.  Anyway, I guess they were using my flower punch and when I went to clean up the scraps, I thought about making a card using the negative image from the punch.

This card was super quick but interesting and graphic.  I started with a base of Pure Poppy and adhered a thick strip of patterned paper to that.  Then I trimmed a piece of Summer Sunrise the same height as the card but a little shorter on the edges so it would leave a strip of red on each side.  I punched out three flowers on piece of printer paper and placed them on the Summer Sunrise card stock arranged them where I wanted.  Then I punched the flowers out, although my punch was not very cooperative.  It punches great, put sliding the punch off the paper is a nightmare.  Okay, moving on, I adhered the punched card stock to the card base using a lot of foam dimensionals, especially around the flowers.
The flower centers are small circles of patterned paper with a clear epoxy sticker over it.  These are applied the flower centers with foam dimensionals as well.  I forgot to mention that the flowers and the edges of the Summer Sunrise card stock are sponged with blue ink.  Stamp the sentiment and voilà!

I'm so glad it's Friday, but I have a busy day.  Two Halloween parties and a Halloween dance.  I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
{I'm So Grateful for You}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Early Bird (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU)
Accessories: Flower Punch (Paper Shapers), Epoxy Circle Stickers (Sticko), Foam Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge
Bookmark and Share 

3 comments:

Nicki October 29, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

This is fabulous! I adore that early bird DP, can't get enough of it, but how you punched the flowers out to have the papers show through - brilliant! Great, great card Dana :)

Dorcas November 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

You have got some GORGEOUS cards!!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Jen Carter November 5, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

I love the look of this! The paper peeking from behind the punched flowers is super cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP