Aaaack! Let's try this again... A "Happy Holidays" Card...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Okay, for some reason my post on Friday didn't have the photos loaded correctly and none of you could see the card.  So, I reloaded it and created an entirely new post.  Sorry for the confusion, Enjoy!
Well hello there!  So glad you stopped by today.  I'm so glad it's Friday.  I've been looking forward to this day for about a month now.  Tonight is my craft night with a bunch of girlfriends and most of us will be working on holiday cards.   So, to get into the holiday mood (since it's still around 70* here), I thought I would make a holiday card.  I decided to challenge myself by creating a one layer card.  I thought this was going to be easy, boy was I wrong.  This card took about as much time as any other card I've made.  Plus, there's no where to hide your mistakes.

I started with a Vintage Cream card base.  I took a piece of printer paper and die cut an oval using my largest oval nestabilities die.  I placed the oval where I wanted it on my card and then stamped the text in red covering the entire front of the card (remove the printer paper and you will see a nice oval shape).  Since I used text, the border of the oval wasn't really defined, so I kept the oval printer paper in place and lightly sponged brown around it.  This is how you should do it.  This is not how I did it.  I finished the card and it didn't look right, so I had to sponge the oval with the rhinestones already on hoping it would work and not ruin my entire card.
The rest is easy peasy.  Stamp the wreath, stamp the berries, stamp the sentiment, and then apply rhinestones.    This card really would have been quick if I had chosen a larger background stamp instead of one that needed to be stamped repeatedly and realigned every time.  Oh well, live and learn.  At least it turned out okay in the end.

Have a great day!
{Happy Holidays}
Stamps: Wreath for All Seasons, Text Style, Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Chestnut Roan, Lipstick Red (Color Box), Real Red (SU)
Accessories: Red Rhinestones, Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Stampin' Sponge (SU)
 Bookmark and Share 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP