Clear & Simple Stamps - October 2010 Release

Friday, October 1, 2010






Hello!  It's the first day of October and that means a new SOTM from Clear & Simple Stamps!!!  This month's SOTM is called Beware and is a Halloween themes set.  I had so much fun creating with this set and am so thankful that I can finally share my projects with you.  This is such a great set for creating your own patterned paper since most of the images come in a large and small size.  Don't you just love the fonts?  Especially like the larger "Happy Halloween" font.  So cool!
Use discount code CSS1010 for $1 off!!!

Here's a super clean and simple card I made using the jack-o-lantern faces and "trick -or- treat" sentiment.  
I used some white buttons that had a raised border, sponged them orange and then heat set them.  Voilà , orange buttons!  I stamped the jack-o-lantern faces onto Orange You Fabulous card stock using Perfect Little Black Dress ink and then punched them out using a small circle punch.  I adhered the little faces to the buttons using glue dots.  I used a masking technique for the sky background.  I cut a rectangle out of scrap paper and used the hollow rectangle as a stencil to sponge a blue sky.
I cut a one inch strip of Glamazon Green card stock and used scissors to create a grass effect.  After I trimmed the grass, I used my finger to make the grass stick out a bit and I also trimmed some of the grass at an angle to make a look a bit more like grass.  The buttons were adhered to the card using glue dots.  I also added tiny slivers of green and brown for stems and leaves.

The new color, Creamsicle Cardigan, is also available today in card stock, ribbon, ink, re-inkers and buttons as well as the Copic Trio Bundle (pictured below).


Thanks so much for listening to me gush over how much I love this set.  It's perfect for Halloween cards, treats, tags, tricks, etc.  I'm looking forward to sharing the rest of my projects with you.

Have a great day!
{Trick-or-Treat}
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Bashful Blue (SU), Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Accessories: White Buttons, Glue Dots, Scissors, Stampin' Sponge
Bookmark and Share 

3 comments:

Regina Mangum October 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Dana, I love what you did with the buttons! I'm going to try that asap. Love your card!

Basement Stamper October 1, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

The buttons...I mean pumpkins are too cute! Adorable idea.

Lori October 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

How clever, Dana! Love those little pumpkins!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP