OCC Challenge - Clean & Simple

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year everyone! I am very happy to be getting back in the swing of things. My new "studio" is now functional, but still not a pretty site. I am excited to share with you the first Our Creative Corner challenge of the new year. The challenge for this week is to create a clean and simple card anyway that you like. You can use less embellishments, fewer layers, whatever your heart desires. Clean and simple is my favorite style, so I love this challenge.


Would you believe I've never used Hero Arts stamps before? Well, I received a couple Michaels gift cards for Christmas and just had to spend them. Michaels also had all their clear stamp sets 40% off. I don't know how I only bought one set! Anyway, I bought a set called Precious Baby Boy. This set will be great for baby cards and little boy birthday cards. I also received a new pair of scissors that have a very fine tip. I was amazed at how well I was able to cut out that adorable gingham elephant and I even left a little bit of a border.
I was able to combine this card with another challenge which is the Stamp Simply challenge to use something new (which is the stamp set and my new scissors).

If you haven't already, head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out all the wonderful clean and simple creations made by the Design Team. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

{Baby Boy Card}

Stamps: Precious Baby Boy (Hero Arts)
Card Stock: Spring Rain, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Silver Pearl (Michaels), Foam Dimensionals, Blue Ribbon (Offray)
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Lori Rider January 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

This is so sweet, Dana - I love the colors for a baby boy card. The dots are perfect with your cute elephant stamp!

LorettaL January 2, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

polka dots and plaid are the perfect combination for a baby card!!! Such a darling card!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie January 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

Striking in its simplicity! That stamp is adorable in the gingham. Such a perfect baby card! Wonderful job on the CAS challenge.

Wishing all the best to you and your family in 2010!

Hugs,
Linda

Silke Ledlow January 2, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

So cute - Dana!!! You do CAS so well!!! Hugs ~S~

Wendy J. January 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

What a cute, clean and simple card, Dana! CAS is definitely a strength of yours!

Anonymous January 3, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

JenE January 3, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

So simple yet so great! That stamp is just the cutest! and I can't believe you cut it out....wonderful job!

Davi January 4, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Love the dots and the cute little image. The combine to make it perfect!! :)

Justine January 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

I love this card just as much here as I do over at the OCC blog. Super cute Dana

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP