Just a little something... for the Embellish Magazine Challenge

Friday, January 29, 2010

Hello & Happy Friday!!! I'm so glad the weekend is here! While I was browsing my regular blogs this morning, I saw that Embellish Magazine announced a new challenge. The challenge is to use pink, brown, and turquoise on your card along with ribbon.


The damask patterned paper I used is actually white and turquoise, so I sponged some light pink ink over the whole piece so the pattern paper would now be pink and turquoise. I did this so that the white sheer ribbon wouldn't blend in with the patterned paper. I think it worked!
Did ya notice that button? It's another button from my grandma's stash. This is one of my favorites and I've been using them sparingly (they must've come from a sweater, because I had about 6 of them). I think it fits the card perfectly!

Have a great weekend! Tomorrow is a big day on my blog. There will be a new challenge from Our Creative Corner as well as the Paper Maniac Blog Hop. I hope to see you tomorrow!!!


{Just a little something}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Patterned Paper: Tangerine Dream Mini Papers (Jenni Bowlin)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink (SU)
Accessories: Pink Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Foam Dimensionals, White Sheer Ribbon (Offray), Button, Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

18 comments:

Chrissy January 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

You always have the BEST buttons! Gorgeous card!
Chrissy

Els January 29, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

Gorgeous card, Dana!! Very elegant!

Charlene Austin January 29, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Oh My! What a brilliant idea to sponge the dp! The button is gorgeous....lucky you to have your grandmothers button's!

Carly January 31, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

So very pretty! Great take on the challenge.

Create Fabulous January 31, 2010 at 12:31 AM  

ooh great card! love the size of it...and your button is fab!

Tammy January 31, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Wow--I hadn't checked any of the cards posted before I made mine (I always check after)--but we created a very similar card!! I love damask style prints!!

Kimberly's Krafts January 31, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Your card is so beautiful! :)

Kimberly's Krafts January 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

I am following your blog on FB....I would love for you to follow me too!

Scrapping Julie January 31, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

beautiful card Dana

Scrapping Julie January 31, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

beautiful card Dana

Unknown February 3, 2010 at 5:50 AM  

This card is Gorgeous!

Laura Davis February 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

This is beautiful, I love the simplicity!
Laura

Ashley Cannon Newell February 3, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

This is a beautiful design! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Jessica February 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Very elegant :)

Mariana Grigsby February 4, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

The sponge idea is great!!! Love your beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us!

Maile Belles February 6, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

What a gorgeous card, so glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

Anonymous February 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

What an elegant card... great idea to sponge! So glad you joined in on the Embellish Challenge!

Traveling Mama February 10, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

Dana, this is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP