Paper Maniac Thursday - Texture, Buttons and Faux Stitching

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hello! It's Paper Maniac Thursday! We've been focusing on texture, buttons, and faux stitching this week on the Paper Maniac Blog. My card uses all three elements. For texture, I used an embossing folder to give the dark brown cardstock the texture of tree bark. The rectangle of cork adds a bit of texture as well. The owl image is from Hero Arts and I hand drew the branch with a brown marker. It's hard to tell in this picture, but the owl's eyes are orange rhinestones. The sentiment is from Imaginisce. I added a button accent in the corner and finished the card off with some faux stitching around the perimeter.
I used two kinds of Spellbinders dies on my card- oval and scalloped rectangle. Thanks for stopping by today!


{Happy Birthday to You}

Stamps: Owl (Hero Arts), Happy Birthday (Imaginisce)
Card Stock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink), Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green (SU)
Accessories: Classic Oval Nesties (Spellbinders), Scalloped Long Rectangle Nesties (Spellbinders), Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Cork, Foam Dimensionals, Black Fine-Tip Pen (Sharpie), Orange Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Brown Marker, Stampin' Sponge, Button
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

The Ossege Family January 21, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

I love it! Definetly a card I would make, a great masculine card too!

Mary J January 24, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

Hello Dana! I think this is one of my most favourite cards I've seen - EVER! (And I've seen a lot of cards!) I love How you've used the textures and kept it simple - it really showcases on that beautiful owl - think I might need to case this.... ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP