Hello Friend Window Card...

Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello friends!!! It feels so good to be back in the old routine. I am definitely a creature of habit. Well, I was browsing through the latest PaperCrafts magazine last night and saw an advertisement for the newest Card Creations magazine (pg. 12). There was a little card in that advertisement that I based today's card. Whew, that was a lot of rambling. I wish I new who the designer was so I could link it to their blog.

Anyway, this is a window card, which is always a little tricky to photograph. The first picture is me holding the card closed. The 'hello friend' is stamped on the inside. The patterned paper is cut in 1" squares and adhered to a piece of brown patterned paper. Once I adhered that strip to the card, I put the card through my cuttlebug with an oval nestabilities die. The die was able to cut through one layer of cardstock and two layers of patterned paper.
I cut a slit in the side of my card to thread the floss through. I looped it around three times and then tied a knot around all the floss in the center of the oval. KWIM? Here's what the card looks like opened. I went a little crazy with the faux stitching!!!
I hope you are all having a good Monday. Thanks for stopping by and visiting today!!!


{Hello Friend}

Stamps: Friends 'til the End (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Sultry Paper Pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU)
Accessories: White Gel Pen (Sakura), Oval Nestabilies (Spellbinders), Pink Rhinestone (Kaiser Kraft), Pink Floss (DMC), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success)
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Britt-Inger January 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

Love it.... :O)
Hugs.

Sheila Bennett January 5, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Very nice card - really like the window, the stitching, and how you placed the fibers.

Judy Miller January 5, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

Hi Dana, I love the card. The idea is great. I'm going to make a similar one and I'll send you my version. The faux stitching is a nice finish to your card. I do that to my cards, it's just a nice finish. I love your blog and visit everyday. Keep up the awesome work and I'll see you tomorow.
Judy
www.ubstampin.blogspot.com

Jenny Gropp January 9, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

Love the card and the quilted paper blocks -- But I especially love all the doodle stitching!!! My kind of sewing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP