Paper Maniac Thursday- Create Argyle Patterned Paper

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hello there! It's Paper Maniac day on my blog. I received this stamp a few months ago and thought it was really cool, but I wasn't sure what to do with it. The stamp itself is five text diamonds. I thought I would create a background with it, but then I had the idea to make it an argyle background! To achieve this, I stamped the diamonds on the card stock to create a background and then I drew lines with a black marker right through the diamonds. I then made a little dot where the lines intersect. I think this makes a great masculine card. The sentiment was computer generated using Microsoft Word.
Now that this stamp has seen ink, the ideas are flowing. I'd like to try and make a really girly print using pinks and purples. Thanks for visiting today!!!


{Argyle Thanks}

Stamps: Diamond Text (Cat's Life Press)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Black
Ink: Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Rhinestones (Bazzill), Black Marker
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) January 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

WOW, Dana! i LOVE this card! Very clever! I will have to go check that stamp out in the PM store! Fabulous work!

The Ossege Family January 7, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Great masculine card! It looks awesome! So simple and elegant looking.

Sheila Bennett January 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Very nice card! Really like how you created the argyle pattern and also the colors that you chose.

Angie Cortes January 8, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Gorgeous Card Dana! Love the way you used the stamp!!

NancyS January 9, 2010 at 2:37 AM  

How clever of you, Dana....and the results are stunning! TFS

Jenny Gropp January 9, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

Fantastic card and design on this one! Loves of creative possibilities with that diamond stamp -- can't wait to see what else you do with it!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie January 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Wow, love this card, Dana! The black and kraft go so nicely together and I love what you did with the lines. That's a great stamp - I think I could do some cool vintage stuff with it - LOL!!

Anonymous January 23, 2011 at 10:07 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous February 5, 2011 at 3:15 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP