A Spotlight Daisies Card...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hello! Today's card uses today's sketch challenge at SCS. The sketch called for 5 layers and I wanted a clean and simple look. I decided not to mat any of my layers. Since there are so many hard angles on this card, I decided to soften it up a but by rounding all the corners on the Kraft base and to use some soft daisies as my focal point.
I am still loving Papertrey Ink's Everyday Button Bits stamp set and am having a ball using other things besides buttons. I love how the flowers look on the balloon strings! I couldn't really find a spot for a sentiment (poor planning on my part) so I left if off. So, now I have an "any occasion" card.


Enjoy your day!


{Spotlight Daisies}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (SU), Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Urban Prairie Paper Pack (Basic Grey)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Spotlight Daisy Flowers (Making Memories), Geneva Mini Brads (Bazzill Basics), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Foam Dimensionals, 3/4" Circle Punch (SU), 1/2" Circle Punch (SU)

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Jen Cuthbertson August 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

I love this card and your creativity with the EDBB set! I've been getting buttoned out a bit and it is nice seeing something new. Also, I saw a post a few back about CASEing. What does that mean? I'm new to the world of blogging/bloggers. :) Thanks for being such a great inspiration!

LeAnne August 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Dana, this is just beautiful! Such fun colors and I love the daisies on the balloon strings!

Jane August 19, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

I love how you've made a 5 layered card and managed to keep it simple!
Love this card!

Christina August 20, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

What a neat card! The daisys definitely soften up the hard edges...good thinkin! :)

Jenny Gropp August 22, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Beautifully done!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP