Sending Birthday Wishes...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hi there! Every Wednesday when I go and check what the sketch challenge is for the day, I pray that it does not involve diagonal lines or triangles. I seriously think I have a phobia about diagonal lines on a card. Well, today this was the sketch challenge. I thought I would give it a try since there were so few layers. I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out so well. Oh! I flipped the sketch, which was not planned, but the sentiment placement is better this way.
I used the balloon strings from Everyday Button Bits, but cut ovals with patterned paper instead of using buttons. Click here to see another card I made using the same technique. I also adhered a little triangle of red paper under the oval to make a "balloon knot".


Hope you liked today's card! Thanks for visiting me today!
{Sending Birthday Wishes}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (SU), SS White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Real Red Patterns Pack (SU)
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Coluzzle, Foam Dimensionals, Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Stampin' Sponge (SU)

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Judy Miller August 26, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Great looking card. I have problems with diagonals also. Your card turned out great! Thanks for the inspiration.

JazzyH August 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Very pretty. I like the diagonal look.

The Ossege Family August 27, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Great card! I have liked alot of the cards you've made lately, once we get this school routine down I need to start making time for myself to make cards again.

Jenny Gropp August 29, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

This is wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP