My coolest card ever!!!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

This has got to be the coolest card I've ever made! Sure, I make a lot of "pretty" cards, but this one is funky and cool. I love it! It is much better in real life because there's a lot of dimension with the floss and thickers lettering.

This is a mini card with the Kraft base measuring 3.5" x 3.5". I used SU's mat pack with the piercing template to perfectly line up the brads. I pierced the holes first and then inserted the brads. Then, I zigzagged the floss between the brads. I slid a piece of white card stock under the floss for some added interest and to see the letters better. The word "love" comes from the Everyday Button Bits set. The sentiment is "all things grow with love" and I only inked the word "love". And then I adhered the letters. It was pretty easy, but a big WOW effect.

Hope you have a great day!!!


{Love You}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, SS White (Papertrey Ink), Chablis/Pink (Bazzill Basics)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU)
Accessories: Daiquiri Thickers (American Crafts), Parakeet Brads (Bazzill Basics), Brown Floss (DMC), Mat Pack & Paper Piercer (SU), Glue Dots, Heart Punch (Paper Shapers)

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Christina August 20, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

WOW WOW WOW!! That is a really great card!!!

Amy August 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

This is so fresh and modern! Love it!

Jenny Gropp August 22, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

This is COOOOOL!

LORi August 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

Super cute Card Dana!!

Love your blog design colors!!! I love Fresh Green!!

I see you are from KY. So am I!!! So nice to meet you!!

HUGS, LORi BOYD

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP