All things grow with love card

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello! Boy, I had so much fun making this card. I just took my time and played around with different elements. I love not being in a rush and not being asked a million questions by the kids. Colin hasn't started school yet, but he was being good just playing by himself. I think listening to 80's music (think Cyndi Lauper & The Beach Boys!!!) really gets your mojo going.


Anyway, this card came about by using today's sketch challenge on SCS. I've been wanting to use the topiary image from Papertrey Ink's Everyday Button Bits set, and the sketch gave me the perfect opportunity. I used a lot of floss on this card. The butterfly was an afterthought. It was the perfect finishing touch!
Hope you're having a great day!

{All things grow with love}

Stamps:
Everday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Cream (SU), Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Floss (DMC), Paper Piercer, Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp), New Leaf Buttons (Papertrey Ink), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Latte Pearls (Kaiser Craft), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Foam Dimensionals

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

JazzyH August 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Pretty. I love the use of buttons.

Jane August 13, 2009 at 6:18 AM  

Love this card! Love the buttons!
And i like 80's music too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP