A Thank You Card

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hey guys!  I'm having one of those very rare days where everything is going my way. Can you believe it?

  • I made blueberry muffins this morning as a special reward for Halle
  • I was delighted to find out the Papertrey Ink is coming out with a sequel to one of my favorite sets, Guidelines.  Click here for the yummy details on Guidelines Two.
  • I decided to pull out my Guidelines set to make a card today and it all came together perfectly.
  • I went to the bank to make a deposit and my deposit was $5 over!
  • I had an extra few minutes before I needed to pick the kids up from school, so I ran in the grocery store and picked up some strawberries and whipped cream.  That $5 was really burning a hole in my pocket!  I'm going to bake a pound cake and make strawberry shortcake tonight.  
  • Scott and I are both finally going to be home together tonight and I think that's a great reason to have a special dessert.
  • Dinner tonight is a crock pot meal so I won't be rushing around at dinnertime.  
  • Life is good!
Okay, so onto the card.  I used Guidelines from Papertrey Ink for the background.  The ink is Old Olive and Creamy Caramel (the Creamy Caramel was "stamped off" before stamping on the green).  The edges are inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink from Ranger and then lightly sponged over the entire surface (green and white papers).  The stitching was hand-stitched using SU's mat pack and DMC Floss.  

Hope you are having a good day too!


{Thank You}

Stamps: Guidelines (Papertrey Ink), Thank You Kindly (SU)
Card Stock: Kiwi Kiss, Kraft (SU), SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Old Olive, Creamy Caramel (SU), Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories:  Daisy Spotlight Flower (Making Memories), Button (Wal-mart), Tan Floss (DMC), Foam Dimensionals (SU)

2 comments:

Anonymous March 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

This is such a great card - I really love the layout and the stitching you used. I feel a CASE coming on....

wendy March 30, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Love this semi-simple layout. The card is very eye catching.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP