A Mojo Card & A Sewing Project

Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello!  Here is my card for both Mojo Monday and Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge.  Such a cute color combo.  I know it is hard to read the sentiment, it says "I made a wish and you came true".  Just one of the many sentiments in the Wonderful Wishes stamp set from Verve Stamps.  


I mentioned Friday that I had a little sewing project going on.  Well, I wanted to make a pouch to hold my Kindle.  It game with a faux leather/suede cover, but my kindle wouldn't stay put inside.  Anyway, I purchased this little sewing machine from Walmart, bought a yard of fabric and went to town.  Even though the sewing machine left a lot to be desired, I did manage to complete the pouch before returning it to Walmart the next day.  I would definitely not recommend this machine.  About every four or five inches the thread would break and I would have to re-thread the machine.  Very frustrating.  
The button is just for looks.  It is a 'mother of pearl' type button that is hard to see in the picture.  
I also made my daughter a little matching change purse.  Hope you all are having a good start to your week!


{I made a wish...}

Stamps:  Wonderful Wishes (Verve Stamps)
Card Stock: Not Quite Navy, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, White (SU)
Patterned Paper: Designer Patterns Pack (SU)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU)
Accessories:  Scallop Circle Punch (SU), Foam Dimensionals, White Mini Brads (Making Memories), Coluzzle, Brown Satin Ribbon (Offray)

9 comments:

Paul March 30, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Love the card - I like how you've used designer paper rather than images, it really shows them off - great idea.
TFS
Paul

Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

GREAT layout! And look, your blog header is made up of the colors in the challenge! Awesome! ;-)

Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

a fabulous card, great papers. hugs rachxx

Dori Shelton March 30, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

How cute! I love all the different ways you used the designer paper

Cardmaking Galore March 30, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

Love the colour scheme and the stitching ties it all

Eve March 31, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

hey, this is a very nice card! =)

Terri Trotter Earley March 31, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Fun pouch. How do you like the kindle? I have been thinking about that. Anyway, really great combo the the sketch and color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jean March 31, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

Dana great card, and pouch. Those cheap sewing machines don't work well! I love how green it is there wish we had that here. It's been snowing last 4 days.

Cheryl April 1, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

I love how you mixed the patterns. Beautiful card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP